Quinte Access: Public Transit: FAQ

The current time is 10:14:29 AM
You are here: : Home >> Public Transit >> FAQ

Help us serve you better! Complete our rider survey!

Frequently Asked Questions

Quinte Access buses passing on bridge over Trent River

Is the public transit available only to seniors, disabled or Quinte Access customers?

No, the transit is available for the entire community. Anyone is allowed to ride the public service.

Do I have to have exact change for the bus?

Yes, when boarding the bus exact cash is required. Our drivers do not carry change. Quinte Access also offers the option to purchase tickets from one of our ticket agents, rather than using change each time you take the bus.

Do you offer any passes?

Yes, we offer a monthly pass at $35.00 per month for adults and $30.00 per month for Quinte Access Customers, students and seniors. Passes are available for purchase at the Quinte Access office at 97 Front Street and at the City of Quinte West at 7 Creswell Drive. Passes must be shown to the driver each time you board the bus. They cannot be replaced if lost or stolen.

Can I take my bike or stroller on the bus?

Bikes and strollers are allowed on the public transit. You are required to hold onto your bike during your ride for safety purposes.

Children must be taken out of their stroller and strollers must be folded while on the bus.

Is the public transit accessible for people in a wheelchair or scooter?

Yes, all of our vehicles are equipped with an accessibility ramp and anyone can board onto the bus. If you need assistance please let our driver know.

How often does the transit run?

The transit runs Monday to Friday 6:00 am – 7:30 pm and Saturday 9:00 am – 4:30 pm. It does not run on Sundays or holidays. Our full route is available online for your convenience or you can contact our office at 613-394-9640 and our staff will be happy to assist you. You can pick up schedules from city hall, the Quinte Access office or request one from the transit drivers.

Where do I wait for the transit?

The transit has specific stops along its route. Check the route schedules or route map for stop locations. At the specified locations look for our bright yellow bus stop signs to indicate where you should stand for the transit to pick you up.

How do I know the difference between the public transit and a specialized bus?

The transit buses are distinctly marked on the sides and front of the bus with “Public Transit”. There is also a large “A” or “B” on the side of the bus so you know which route the bus is currently running.

I lost an item on the bus, what do I do?

Before exiting the transit, please ensure you have collected all of your personal items. Any items left behind on the public transit must be reported to the office as soon as possible to ensure the safe and speedy return of the item to its owner.

Can I bring my pet on the transit?

Only service animals are allowed on the public transit. Other small pets may be transported in small steel carrying cases, which are locked. Animals on leashes are not allowed.